General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Putting my fandom of Boston aside, I would have said he'd sign in Boston if he doesn't sign with the Devils if you asked me at the beginning of the season. However, I'm not sure how much money he'll be looking for, and I really don't see him as a true game changer.

Also, I'm not sure how the Rangers would be able to afford him either. I'll be conservative, and say he asks for about 6mil/year. How would the Rangers possibly fit him in?

They'd have to move Dubinsky or Callahan, and more pieces. Then, you have McDonagh, Del Zotta, and Stepan becoming FA's soon, although they are RFA's.

I'm trying, but I don't see how the Rangers can fit him in without moving some significant parts now and in the future. Would the Rangers really be willing to let one or two of their good defensemen go? I think that's what it would take..........

Edited by BeeBeeSee

I'd say Suter is the best free agent this summer.

Parise is a very good player, but he isn't the same as he was before tearing his ACL. If I thought he could get back to the 40 goal/85-90 point great two way forward that he was prior to that injury I'd say he is the biggest prize of the summer, but I don't think he will ever get back to that form. Maybe he still isn't at 100% as this things do take over a year to fully rocover from and I am wrong, but he just doesn't have the same burst to his game that he used to. He is still a damn good player, though.

This is so awesome. It really does give hope to a fan like me that a team like NJ can go from a lottery team one year to the finals the next. I fully expect NJ to get bodied in the finals but still, it gives me hope as a fan of a bad team.

It sucks for NY but they are gonna be right back here next year. I think they have minor moves to make but they have a good core there. I'd consider moving Gabby tbh. Just ain't a player that I would want to rely on in the playoffs, so soft.

C/s the Parise notion, but iunno man he's gotta realize that Brodeur is so old and their window is pretty small, and there is nothing in the pipeline. Their core is nice but that'll only get you so far if you're goalie is shit (with Brodeur leaving soon presumably). I don't know how he doens't give NY or BOS a serious look.

I feel the same way. Over the past few months, whenever I thought about the Leafs I would just be full of frustration. I just thought of them as an awful team that is so far away from doing anything. I have a bit more hope now though. I tend to forget that the Leafs looked like a playoff team for more than half the season. The core of the team is still good, and still young. I think now having a new coach will help the team if we go into another losing streak. Hopefully we add some verteran leadership in the offseason, because Tim Connolly does not cut it whatsoever. I don't think theres any way that we'll be in the Cup final next year, but I don't see any reason why we can't be a playoff team.

I watched it off and on. It was a pretty good game. I'm kind of a Knights fan just because I got box seats to one of their games once when Kadri and Tavares were on the team. I don't like the style they play with though. Not exactly exciting. Great finish though.

I know, u jelly?

He helped bring a Stanley Cup to Boston, so if he wants to retire, sit out, or do whatever he plans on doing, more power to him.

However, it looks like it is officially Tuukka time.

Are you really trying to make us believe you're happy about this?

Sure, he has every right to do whatever he wants, but this is a very big blow to the Bruins. He definitely could have gotten a decent return in a trade.

Also, it looks like this will seriously [expletive] with your cap situation.

Edited by Phightins