Random Thread 2010

Lone Wolf

Well then can't the same be said for positive rep as far as +1'ing it and moving along? I feel like if you have something to say on a topic, you're going to say it, whether you rep a post either way.

no, it just doesn't work like that. prime example is CTS and RSZ. on CTS, there was no neg rep, just positive rep. i loved that place, it was quality. then on RSZ, they added neg rep and positive rep, and it was good for a while, but then people started abusing it. they would give people negative rep just because of the poster, and it does take away from discussion. if someone makes a point you really agree with, you're more likely to click +1 and then say "well said" or w/e, if someone makes a point you disagree with, you're more likely to just neg. rep it and move on with your day. it doesn't seem logical but it happens.

no, it just doesn't work like that. prime example is CTS and RSZ. on CTS, there was no neg rep, just positive rep. i loved that place, it was quality. then on RSZ, they added neg rep and positive rep, and it was good for a while, but then people started abusing it. they would give people negative rep just because of the poster, and it does take away from discussion. if someone makes a point you really agree with, you're more likely to click +1 and then say "well said" or w/e, if someone makes a point you disagree with, you're more likely to just neg. rep it and move on with your day. it doesn't seem logical but it happens.

Well this isn't CTS or RSZ, both of which I thought were garbage. Again, though, with a limit of 3, it wouldn't be able to be used as it was on RSZ regardless.

Your opinion. I disagree with it, but I respect what you're saying.

Well this isn't CTS or RSZ, both of which I thought were garbage. Again, though, with a limit of 3, it wouldn't be able to be used as it was on RSZ regardless.

Your opinion. I disagree with it, but I respect what you're saying.

this isn't CTS or RSZ, but many posters post on both, and they are both sports boards with the majority of members bieng the same age group and bieng male.

a limit of 3 doesn't sound too bad, but i don't know if there is a way to do that.

and about arguments. if you look at your post and it has a +8 but no replies you'll think 'cool.' if it has a -8 and no replies, you're more likely to be like "WTF are you guys doing."

Edited by Lil' Penny

Maybe, but putting a -1 is going to cause less arguments than calling someone an idiot for posting something dumb.

People could do it because they don't like a person, but the same goes for +1's and people giving them to friends and fellow team fans, and those are limitless. At least the 3 a day limit would prevent people from spamming... and it might even cause people to think twice before posting something completely useless.

Me personally, I wouldn't follow you or STL giving you -1's... But I would give one if you post something I disagree with strongly. That's how it should work, and giving STL a -1 for saying the Yankees should get Victor Martinez is a lot more effective than telling him he's an idiot, he's guessing, and he should think before he posts. Know what I mean?

Exactly lol, who the heck would just neg someone without posting anything. I think neg rep is definitely smart in situations where people just post idiotic stuff, its letting them get away with saying dumb stuff.

this isn't CTS or RSZ, but many posters post on both, and they are both sports boards with the majority of members bieng the same age group and bieng male.

a limit of 3 doesn't sound too bad, but i don't know if there is a way to do that.

and about arguments. if you look at your post and it has a +8 but no replies you'll think 'cool.' if it has a -8 and no replies, you're more likely to be like "WTF are you guys doing."

Yeah but theres a reason those sites die, and this site thrives

Whatever works for you man. Its honestly more fun than sitting at home, eating [expletive] all day. It pays, you meet a ton of new people and actually gain a couple friends from doing it.

Are there a lot of sneaker places out there?

Probably only decent sneaker shop is Footlocker, we have quite a few around.

Did the owners get into a dick measuring argument?

one owner screwed the site over and went behind ABL's back attempting to sell the forum iirc. the members found out, and nobody was happy (as you could imagine). he then sold the site to some other guy who was really wierd and did things like banning avatrs and sigs, so they made RSZ.

i'm pretty sure it wasn't the first forum Dan 'John' Chesin screwed over either

Got two projects due Tuesday and I haven't started either one.....every time I try to start I get distracted by facebook or something.

Edited by SRV

I just did a project about what I think my life will be like in 5 years...including making a finance/budget sheet, a resume and all that....I realized life sucks if you don't have a good job lol...I gave myself a starting salary of like 35,000 (which is unrealistic) and I put myself living at home so I wouldn't have to pay for cable and my house and all that....I was only left over with $20 to myself every month after all my projected expenses.

league pass is a go

Yeah. I really wanna get it but I've spent waaaaaay too much money recently and I don't wanna keep asking my mum for money to buy stuff. Hopefully when I get a job I'll be able to get it :lol:

Yeah. I really wanna get it but I've spent waaaaaay too much money recently and I don't wanna keep asking my mum for money to buy stuff. Hopefully when I get a job I'll be able to get it :lol:

well im getting rid of austar so im just gonna get league pass to fill in the gap and its a hell of a lot cheaper too. now i dont have to put up with crummy live streams :lol: