General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Phightins

Can any of you Canadians who get to see OHL games tell me anything about Jason Akeson and/or Tyler Brown?

Flyers just signed each of them today. I see that Akeson leads the league in scoring so I guess it's somewhat noteworthy that we were able to pick him up as an undrafted free agent.

I guess since they are trading away so many draft picks, this is how they have to acquire prospects!

Can any of you Canadians who get to see OHL games tell me anything about Jason Akeson and/or Tyler Brown?

Flyers just signed each of them today. I see that Akeson leads the league in scoring so I guess it's somewhat noteworthy that we were able to pick him up as an undrafted free agent.

I guess since they are trading away so many draft picks, this is how they have to acquire prospects!

Akeson is super talented but also plays on a stacked roster too. Two players on that team will go top ten this year and have great team speed. Don't really know much about Brown though.

Thanks. I am pretty excited about Akeson. If either of these guys turn out anything like our big rookie FA signing last year (Bobs), I will be quite thrilled. Of course, signing kids from Russia is a bit different than Canada, but yeah.

I'm getting more and more fraustrated with my blue jackets... We werent buyers or sellers at the deadline, we needed to either be one or the other, instead we failed to be either and for awhile we had a great run over... but it's crunch time and we're stinking on ice. Mason is such a bum as of late, idk what went wrong with him! Rick Nash is unreal sick nasty though!!!

Any more word on if the Pens are going to shut down Crosby or not?

:lol: at Carcillo so far tonight.

I don't think the guy has stopped talking all game long (wouldn't surprise me if he was talking when Komisarek ran him from behind, haha). It is pretty funny how much he is talking though, considering he has been completely silent in any of the games that he played against the Leafs when they had Orr and/or Rosehill in the lineup. He skated away from Mike Brown's challenge, even.

I've gotta give it to him, though. He is one hell of an agitator. Huge [expletive], but great agitator.

:lol: at Carcillo so far tonight.

I don't think the guy has stopped talking all game long (wouldn't surprise me if he was talking when Komisarek ran him from behind, haha). It is pretty funny how much he is talking though, considering he has been completely silent in any of the games that he played against the Leafs when they had Orr and/or Rosehill in the lineup. He skated away from Mike Brown's challenge, even.

I've gotta give it to him, though. He is one hell of an agitator. Huge [expletive], but great agitator.

Well, you can thank that cheap POS Mike Komisarek for getting him pissed off. Carcillo has at least 3 Maple Leafs with their panties in a bunch so he is doing his job well.

Well, you can thank that cheap POS Mike Komisarek for getting him pissed off. Carcillo has at least 3 Maple Leafs with their panties in a bunch so he is doing his job well.

Never said that he didn't (do his job well) and I never defended what Komisarek did. He deserved the 5 minute major and the game miscoundunct. Should he get suspended for a couple of games, he will deserve that as well.

Doesn't change the fact that it is awesome how he is completely silent whenever the Leafs have Orr or Rosehill in the lineup but whenever one of those two aren't playing, he is suddenly Mr. Tough Guy again.

Like I said above, he is a good agitator. I don't deny that.

• Like 1

Never said that he didn't (do his job well) and I never defended what Komisarek did. He deserved the 5 minute major and the game miscoundunct. Should he get suspended for a couple of games, he will deserve that as well.

Doesn't change the fact that it is awesome how he is completely silent whenever the Leafs have Orr or Rosehill in the lineup but whenever one of those two aren't playing, he is suddenly Mr. Tough Guy again.

Like I said above, he is a good agitator. I don't deny that.

Well, that's basically his job description (pissing off the other team). Honestly I'd rather have Zherdev or Nodl in the lineup, but whatever. Carbomb is fulfilling his long purpose tonight.

:lol:

Grabovski using his head to score a goal. Literally.

What a weird goal, though. Phaneuf takes a slapper from the point, hits a Flyers stick, bounces off of Grabo's visor and goes in. That was awesome.

EDIT: Wow, Boucher with a nice glove save on Armstrong about a minute after letting the goal in. Very nice recovery from him there.

After seeing the replay, Armstrong shot it right at the glove, but still, nice job from Boucher to recover.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

The hit on Carcillo wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be when I heard about it. It's a poor play nonetheless.

It looked worse just beause he was already falling (and awkwardly) as Komisarek pushed him in the back, which forced an even more awkward fall.

Definitely a poor decision on Komi's part, like you said, but that is nothing new. Making poor decisions is about the only thing he does well (well, that and gloved punches to opposing players when the ref is between them :lol:)

It looked worse just beause he was already falling (and awkwardly) as Komisarek pushed him in the back, which forced an even more awkward fall.

Definitely a poor decision on Komi's part, like you said, but that is nothing new. Making poor decisions is about the only thing he does well (well, that and gloved punches to opposing players when the ref is between them :lol:)

Komisarek is a bitch and always has been. I just don't like how the only time he acts tough is when the refs are in between him and another player, and he tries to get a shot in.

Anyways, I'd be happy if the Leafs could start losing a lot more. I want that 1st round pick to be a lottery pick. Right now they are in 8th place, but I definitely see the Devils passing them, and hopefully Atlanta. I'm hoping none of the teams ahead of them fall back too much though. I guess I have to hope for Florida to make a strong push as well as the Islanders besides tomorrow night.

• Like 1