General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

That wasn't a misconduct?

I imagine what he is saying is that if the refs call Stoll boarding Gionta then that play never happens.

The Bernier hit was bad and I understand why it was given 5 and a game, but that play never happens if the refs call the obvious penatly 10 seconds earlier.

That wasn't a misconduct?

Of course it was and some acting too but Gionta was hit from behind on the same shift and on the third goal there was interference and no call.

Refs even throwing hits now. Least the Stanley Cup will be in my city now with a giant douchebag.

I know the game is not fixed but the NHL only gains with an LA Kings win. One of the biggest markets in the States compared to a team whose in one of the smallest. Already had some great talent come out of Cali but the next couple years should be fun to see how many players on the Juniors are from there.

I think you're reaching a bit. I know you aren't claiming it's fixed, but if there was anything like that, the NHL would not have let these two get to the Finals in the first place haha.

I think you're reaching a bit. I know you aren't claiming it's fixed, but if there was anything like that, the NHL would not have let these two get to the Finals in the first place haha.

Why wouldn't they have they let these two? LA is a huge market and New York was almost the team facing them too. Huge American markets for a sport aiming for the American audience.

Why wouldn't they have they let these two? LA is a huge market and New York was almost the team facing them too. Huge American markets for a sport aiming for the American audience.

Because the Devils were playing the Rangers.

Obviously there is nothing fixed here so it's a moot point. But if it were, the more logical spot for a "fix" would be NYR/ NJD.

I imagine what he is saying is that if the refs call Stoll boarding Gionta then that play never happens.

The Bernier hit was bad and I understand why it was given 5 and a game, but that play never happens if the refs call the obvious penatly 10 seconds earlier.

Right, but you also have to have the self control to not go out and pick up a misconduct and put your team down 3 goals because of a missed 2 minute minor. Calls are missed (hell, I should know), and refs suck.. but that one was on Bernier.

Now, if the hit was of the same caliber of the Stoll hit and he got a misconduct, sure.. I'm with ya. Refs are giving it away. But that was a stupid, series losing hit that he put on.

Right, but you also have to have the self control to not go out and pick up a misconduct and put your team down 3 goals because of a missed 2 minute minor. Calls are missed (hell, I should know), and refs suck.. but that one was on Bernier.

Now, if the hit was of the same caliber of the Stoll hit and he got a misconduct, sure.. I'm with ya. Refs are giving it away. But that was a stupid, series losing hit that he put on.

I'm not defending Bernier. It was a stupid hit and put his team in a terrible position.

I was just pointing out the facts and one of those facts is that if the refs do their job and call the Stoll board that play never happens. That doesn't excuse Bernier for delivering the dumb hit, but it is still worth mentioning.

Really, though, that one play didn't lose the Devils this series. This series was over after game 2 when they dropped two very winnable games at home. It was pretty clear to me once the Kings won those first two OT games that New Jersey really didn't have a shot.

Hell, if you ask me, this series was over before it started. I thought it would be a Kings sweep.

I know it is easy to say this now and I'm fine with anybody who calls bullshit on me saying this, but it was pretty clear that the Kings would wn the cup this year after their dismantling of both Vancouver and St. Louis. After game two of that Blues series, I knew nobody was stopping this team so long as they stayed healthy.

I'm not defending Bernier. It was a stupid hit and put his team in a terrible position.

I was just pointing out the facts and one of those facts is that if the refs do their job and call the Stoll board that play never happens. That doesn't excuse Bernier for delivering the dumb hit, but it is still worth mentioning.

I wouldn't argue that it was a missed call, and that it allowed what followed. But the refs deserving a spot on the cup is a touch excessive, when it was Bernier that made the foolish decision out there.

Because the Devils were playing the Rangers.

Obviously there is nothing fixed here so it's a moot point. But if it were, the more logical spot for a "fix" would be NYR/ NJD.

I don't understand that logic at all. Why would the more logical fix be the Devils/Rangers series? Just funny how the refereeing went tonight. Devils got a goal to make it somewhat of a game then receive a generous powerplay right after. Bernier did cost them this game but the refs also had a huge factor in the outcome tonight but that happens a lot...just ask Sabres fans.

Kovy signing turning out to be fantastic for the Devils. Given up their first round pick this year for nothing and have your highest paid player do zip. Can't believe people argued he was better than Crosby.

"We will be back next year and our goaltending will only improve when Wedgewood takes over for Brodeur"

I''m assuming that's a comment someone made on Facebook, right? I googled that quote, and nothing showed up, so I'm guessing it has to be.

People need to relax after they lose a series and championship. I'm not saying they shouldn't be disappointed and angry, but damn, some people like to blow everything up.

I think Boston fans from all four major sports are the absolute worst offenders of that.

She's absolutely gross. She's got a big ass beak.....bigger than her knockers.

Lol, I didn't even see her. Whenever they showed the Devils coach her rack would appear on my screen. Still the best part. :glasses:

Yeah it was fbook. The locals are out in full force!

LOL, yeah, clown city. One of my friends said "[expletive] all the rangers fans and flyers fans none of ya'll can say shit!" Lmfao why do they make it about us your team just lost the cup?!