General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

I don't 'blame' them for doing it, I understand the logic behind it...but a strong franchise and fan base never has to do that. I can't picture the Knicks, Giants, Yankees, or Rangers ever doing that. Lolz.

Just funny to me that no matter how much the Devils have won in the past 15 years, they still can't outshine the Rangers!

I don't live in New York, or anywhere really near New York, but aren't the amount of Giants/Jets fans about a 50/50 split? If thats true, and say the Giants had home field advantage for a playoff game. Do you not see a chance of them saying on their twitter to not sell tickets to anyone other than Giants fans or something?

After I typed that I realized the Jets and Giants couldn't play each other in the playoffs unless it was the superbowl... so I guess that example doesn't work.

Edited by DemarDerozanDunk

I don't live in New York, or anywhere really near New York, but aren't the amount of Giants/Jets fans about a 50/50 split?

Well, it's tough to really keep a tally.. but there are the "old" teams, and there are the "new" teams.. the Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees have been around a lot longer than the Mets/Jets/Nets/Devils, so their fanbase tends to run a little deeper.. hard to say what the split is really at, but I think the OG teams have bigger fanbases

Well, it's tough to really keep a tally.. but there are the "old" teams, and there are the "new" teams.. the Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees have been around a lot longer than the Mets/Jets/Nets/Devils, so their fanbase tends to run a little deeper.. hard to say what the split is really at, but I think the OG teams have bigger fanbases

I was pretty sure the Yankees have a much bigger fan base than the Mets, same with Rangers over Isles/Devils and Knicks over Nets. Bt for some reason it always seems like the Jets get more media attention or something, so it seemed like they have equal to or even bigger of a fan base.

Bt for some reason it always seems like the Jets get more media attention or something, so it seemed like they have equal to or even bigger of a fan base.

That's all media crap. Jets are loud and brash, which grabs headlines.

The only "new" fanbase that may be bigger is the Jets, but I wouldn't be so sure about that. I know the Giants have a lot of fans in CT too, and I think the Jets are just loud and obnoxious and receive more media attention.

No kidding about this PHX/LA game. That hit by Doan was dirty.

You mean when Lewis saw him coming and then purposefully turned at the last second? Yeah, that was not dirty at all. That was all on Lewis. What exactly is Doan supposed to do in that situation?

However, the Morris knee on Scuderi and the Hanzal board on Brown were both very dirty. The Smith slash on Brown was pretty cheap as well.

You mean when Lewis saw him coming and then purposefully turned at the last second? Yeah, that was not dirty at all. That was all on Lewis. What exactly is Doan supposed to do in that situation?

However, the Morris knee on Scuderi and the Hanzal board on Brown were both very dirty. The Smith slash on Brown was pretty cheap as well.

Diving!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he didn't turn at the last second, and i find it pretty hard to believe that he would purposely turn so Doan would run him from behind.

Oh he definitely turned at the last second, and that's what made the hit so bad. He turned his head towards the boards and so when he was hit, his face took a brunt of the contact.

Not saying he did it on purpose or anything, but if definitely changes the complex of the hit and the intention.

I'm pretty sure he didn't turn at the last second, and i find it pretty hard to believe that he would purposely turn so Doan would run him from behind.

Watch the hit again, then.

0:13 he has his back against the boards and sees Doan coming.

0:14 he turns his back when Doan had already committed to the hit.

If you want to see a closer up in slower motion, skip to around 40 seconds.

0:44 he has his back to the glass, sees Doan coming.

0:45 he begins to turn and lowers his head.

0:46 Doan makes contact.

Keep in mind this wasn't in game speed, and even then it is still only 2 seconds from Lewis turning to Doan hitting him.

So, really, watch the video and tell me again that Doan is somehow at fault here.

The only thing up for debate is whether he turned on purpose or if it was a natrual reaction. I'm fine with either stance somebody takes on that particular topic, but there is absolutely no debate that he turned at the last second and there was absolutely nothing Doan could've done to avoid the hit.

Watch the hit again, then.

0:13 he has his back against the boards and sees Doan coming.

0:14 he turns his back when Doan had already committed to the hit.

If you want to see a closer up in slower motion, skip to around 40 seconds.

0:44 he has his back to the glass, sees Doan coming.

0:45 he begins to turn and lowers his head.

0:46 Doan makes contact.

Keep in mind this wasn't in game speed, and even then it is still only 2 seconds from Lewis turning to Doan hitting him.

So, really, watch the video and tell me again that Doan is somehow at fault here.

The only thing up for debate is whether he turned on purpose or if it was a natrual reaction. I'm fine with either stance somebody takes on that particular topic, but there is absolutely no debate that he turned at the last second and there was absolutely nothing Doan could've done to avoid the hit.

Ok, seeing the replay changes my mind. When I was watching during the game, it looked like he had his head turned the whole time. Kind of sucks for PHX that he ended up getting tossed, but i'm not blaming the refs for doing it. At game speed I thought it was a pretty dirty hit too.

That was awful. Just a terrible third period from the Rangers. They had that good 15 minutes in the 2nd period, but outside of that, they really didn't play well.

Pepper thy angus.

There's a chance that Seguin ends up being the second best player in the Kessel deal, which if that becomes true is a great sign because he's already an amazing player.

I'm hoping for Chris Pronger 2.0................. :glasses: .

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/05/12/bruins-prospect-hamilton-a-man-amongst-boys/

“Dougie’s the best junior defenceman I’ve ever coached,” said IceDogs head coach Marty Williamson, who also coached St. Louis Blues stalwart Alex Pietrangelo.

“He’s not even challenged at this level,” said former Leafs defenceman Mike Van Ryn, who coached Hamilton last year. “He’s the best athlete I’ve seen at his age.”
Edited by BeeBeeSee

MSG really needs to upgrade their arena. It is honestly one of the worst stadiums performance wise in the league, and it shouldn't be that way being in New York.

lol

idiots like you are why Yankee Stadium got torn down...

Edited by fish7718