General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

I'm glad Carkner only got a game (I would've been fine with 2 as well) but I made my thoughts on that perfectly clear last night so I won't bring that up again.

As for Hagelin, I'm with you guys. I hate it. I definitely think there was clear intent on the hit since he was looking at Alfredsson's head and raised the elbow, but I thought at most 1 game, and even that would've been harsh. I think he should've gotten 5 and a game instead of just the 5 minute major and that would've been enough.

Anyways, I really hope the ice isn't too bad for the Canucks and Kings game tonight. The Laker game didn't finish until around 3:30 which gave them very little time to get the ice switched over. I know that the ice quality in MSG is usually pretty poor because of how often it is switched out and I just hope we don't see that tonight.

I think Carkner deserved more. BFT, you might have liked what Carkner did, but honestly I thought it wasn't right. Then the fact that Dubinsky got tossed for getting in there third just made it worse. I know that Boyle roughed up Karlsson in the last game, but that does not warrant throwing your gloves off and whaling on someone who has no time to defend himself. Then continually punching the person when they're on the ground.

Anyways, I really hope the ice isn't too bad for the Canucks and Kings game tonight. The Laker game didn't finish until around 3:30 which gave them very little time to get the ice switched over. I know that the ice quality in MSG is usually pretty poor because of how often it is switched out and I just hope we don't see that tonight.

Well, it definitely wasn't great and as the game went on (2nd half of the 2nd and the 3rd) you could really see the puck bouncing and jumping on players, but I guess all things considered it was about as good as you could hope.

As for the game itself, Quick is so damn good. His positioning is brilliant and he has the athleticism and reflexes to make the desperation saves. You basically can't beat him with a shot that is below his elbow. I am (was) cheering for the Canucks, but if (more like when) they lose, I hope to see LA go far just so I can watch more of him and Kopitar. The two of them don't get anywhere near the credit that they deserve.

Brown has been a force in the series as well and Willie Mitchell has been an absolute rock on defense. He is the best defenseman on that team without question.

Vancouver played much better today than the first two games but faltered in the 3rd and LA took advantage of it with the Brown goal after Pahlsson lost track of him after hitting him into the boards. With the way Quick was playing and how strong the Kings were defensively, you knew that goal was going to be the winner.

What a game! That was awesome. This series has been great so far. Lundqvist and Boyle simply the difference...just terrific.

It amazes me how littel difference there is between 1 vs 8 in hockey as oppose to basketball. I don't claim to be a hockey guru but Ottawa and the Rangers seem to be pretty evenly matched!

People are suggesting that Shanahan realizes he messed up by letting Weber off, and perhaps he is trying to "make up for it" with some of these other absurd suspensions.

But if Shaw is going to get 3 games, I can't even imagine what Neal and Asham will get. But of course, Shanahan is too unpredictable anyway.

People are suggesting that Shanahan realizes he messed up by letting Weber off, and perhaps he is trying to "make up for it" with some of these other absurd suspensions.

But if Shaw is going to get 3 games, I can't even imagine what Neal and Asham will get. But of course, Shanahan is too unpredictable anyway.

I'm sticking with Neal getting no games, and Asham getting four.

I really have no clue though.......

The definition of pretenders. Got matched up with the first round with softies, and are one of the worst teams to be a home seed, or even make the playoffs, in recent memory. They will get bodied by Philly/Boston/Rangers or whoever else they might face if they make the 2nd round... good for that franchise to get in though, maybe they can get some traction as they move forward, they have a really good cupboard of prospects right now.

To everyone else who is thinking it, no I am not bitter (well maybe a little bit lol).

Edited by Check my Stats

The definition of pretenders. Got matched up with the first round with softies, and are one of the worst teams to be a home seed, or even make the playoffs, in recent memory. They will get bodied by Philly/Boston/Rangers or whoever else they might face if they make the 2nd round... good for that franchise to get in though, maybe they can get some traction as they move forward, they have a really good cupboard of prospects right now.

To everyone else who is thinking it, no I am not bitter (well maybe a little bit lol).

True. I don't watch, or give a [expletive] about them lol but I tuned in last night and stayed watching because it was such an intense game. Hope they go far.