General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Malkin doing everything he can to [expletive] Pittsburgh over tonight. Also that hit is not suspension worthy... hope no one was thinking it... the dudes on TSN mentioned it might be worth looking at... so soft.

Oh yeah, Jordan Staal is a stud.

Edited by Check my Stats

Fleury.....

He was terrific. especially in the3rd period. if he plays like that the Pens are taking the series

Flyers goaltender has been awful, he really needs to turn it around for them to close this series out.

Unreal what Orpik was allowed to get away with on JvR...

Made up for how much digging the Flyers were allowed to get away with on Fleury. :P

Seriously though, as much fun as the first four freak show games were to watch, this was by far the best game of the series and what I'm sure everybody was expecting to see for the first 4 games. Very entertaining game.

It seems like every goal Philly scores Orpik is on the ice. It might just be because he's out there a lot, but it seems like he's always out there. In tonights game he was covering Hartnell out front, then left him wide open, and he got a cross-crease pass for a goal.

Good. No place in the game for a hit like that...

Yep. Figured something like this would happen, mostly because he's been suspended like 5 times in the past few years for similar hits.

Still hard to take anything Shanahan does seriously after how he handled the Weber incident, though.

Way too many games IMO. Don't get me wrong, Torres is a shit head, but Hossa cut across with his head down, and put himself in an incredibly vulnerable position and didn't even brace himself for the hit a little bit.. i don't care if he didn't have the puck, it was off his stick less than 2 seconds, it is the playoffs, always expect to get hit (why do the players getting hit have no accountability?)... and lets be honest with ourselves, if Hossa doesn't leave on a stretcher, this is what, 5 games at most? I don't think Torres was even targeting the head, and the contact was incidental (it wasn't even a direct blow to the head from what i can tell, could be wrong though), he did leave his feet though which is definitely a no-no.

Shanny is just so damn bi-polar... i honestly think the Asham incident was worse than this, by far. If you are going to give Neal 1 game for an identical hit at lower impact, how are you going to give him 25? Horrible.

I think this is 100% because of Torres' history. If this is a first time offender, I'd be stunned with anything more than 2 or 3 games. Honestly, 25 seems about right. Very Matt Cooke-ish. Enough is enough.

If something this severe forces Torres to pull his head out of his ass, it is worth it.

Still hard to take anything Shanahan does seriously after how he handled the Weber incident, though.

Yeah. And the Haglin incident...

I think this is 100% because of Torres' history. If this is a first time offender, I'd be stunned with anything more than 2 or 3 games. Honestly, 25 seems about right. Very Matt Cooke-ish. Enough is enough.

If something this severe forces Torres to pull his head out of his ass, it is worth it.

I agree...the fact he's a consistent repeat offender he needs a harsh penalty like this before someone gets killed!

what a wack first period. had some good shots but the sens have had very few chances, but the one's ottawa's gotten have been some terrific chances and i think lundqvist should've made that save

Edited by JYD

The Rangers could not solve Anderson tonight. Mind you they didn't get much traffic in front of him so it seemed like he had a lot of easy saves, but he was rock solid. Now the Rangers have to go back to Ottawa for game six where they will be facing elimination. I'm not liking their chances if Anderson has another performance like tonight.