General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Poor Rangers. Caught Craig Anderson on one of his Superman days. He's such a weird goalie. When he is unbeatable....he is literally unbeatable.

Lol. Rangers offense was the reason they didn't score. Anderson stopped everything he should've. He had a good first period 2nd and 3rd he was nothing but average. some of the worst offense i've ever seen in hockey

The Rangers could not solve Anderson tonight. Mind you they didn't get much traffic in front of him so it seemed like he had a lot of easy saves, but he was rock solid. Now the Rangers have to go back to Ottawa for game six where they will be facing elimination. I'm not liking their chances if Anderson has another performance like tonight.

yeah no traffic in front the rangers were so conservative (that's their style, though) until the 3rd period. they got some shots on anderson but nothing that was all that difficult. smh.

Anderson was terrific, but you need to put one in the net.

This team looks nothing like they did throughout the entire regular season. Tortorella is [expletive]ing with the lines again, he's only playing three lines regularly, and the entire team looks scared to lose. They played in your face hockey all season, and were always attacking.. and now they're trying to play some prevent bullshit. It's horrible. Where is the club I watched for 82 games??

Also, Gaborik looks completely inept out there without Hagelin. Bummer.

Get your heads out of your asses!! :lol:

Anderson was terrific, but you need to put one in the net.

This team looks nothing like they did throughout the entire regular season. Tortorella is [expletive]ing with the lines again, he's only playing three lines regularly, and the entire team looks scared to lose. They played in your face hockey all season, and were always attacking.. and now they're trying to play some prevent bullshit. It's horrible. Where is the club I watched for 82 games??

Also, Gaborik looks completely inept out there without Hagelin. Bummer.

Get your heads out of your asses!! :lol:

Wasn't scoring a concern all season? The loss of Hagelin is definitely a killer. The team lacks speed and Hagelin would definitely be changing that right now.

Anderson was good but a lot of the saves were pretty basic. Rangers were taking shots that even I could save. They never had anyone cutting or getting to the net, which was really surprising to me how far out a lot of the shots were

Wasn't scoring a concern all season? The loss of Hagelin is definitely a killer. The team lacks speed and Hagelin would definitely be changing that right now.

A concern, but not at this level.. and not for this reason.

Speed? Kreider is sitting the bench, getting a handful of minutes each game. Torts is too stubborn to play him.

Anderson was good but a lot of the saves were pretty basic. Rangers were taking shots that even I could save. They never had anyone cutting or getting to the net, which was really surprising to me how far out a lot of the shots were

Precisely, because they're too [expletive]ing worried about a counterattack to send people to the net. They're playing like straight pussies.

That said, Anderson was fantastic. 41 saves, some of them were huge.

A concern, but not at this level.. and not for this reason.

Speed? Kreider is sitting the bench, getting a handful of minutes each game. Torts is too stubborn to play him.

Precisely, because they're too [expletive]ing worried about a counterattack to send people to the net. They're playing like straight pussies.

That said, Anderson was fantastic. 41 saves, some of them were huge.

Yeah, Kreider is really talented, he's made some great passes and even had a few chances to put one in the back of the net. I expect him to break through soon enough

And yeah the Rangers are playing way too conservative. But did you see how many 2 on 1's, 3 on 2's they gave up when they started attacking more in the late 2nd and 3rd period? A lot more. Rangers are such a good defensive team because of the system they play, and when they try to get out and be more aggressive, they give up a ton of rushes to this Ottawa team especially who has a lot of skill

Another thing is the Rangers kept trying to bring the puck across the blue line, and would just completely get it taken away...it was getting so frustrating. dump it in and have a few guys go in an attack!

When both sides are furious with the officiating, pretty strong chance it's a Tim Peel game. Yup.

I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of the game, but that goalie interference penalty on Foligno to give the Rangers a 4-3 and then 5-3 was absolutely brutal.

It seemed to really give the Rangers a boost as well, although I don't claim to know for sure since, like I said, I only saw about 5 minutes before that and 5 minutes after.

I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of the game, but that goalie interference penalty on Foligno to give the Rangers a 4-3 and then 5-3 was absolutely brutal.

Came right after a missed cross-check from Karlsson on Prust and a ticky tack interference call on Kreider. Was a makeup call for certain. Officiating has been awful.

It seemed to really give the Rangers a boost as well, although I don't claim to know for sure since, like I said, I only saw about 5 minutes before that and 5 minutes after.

Yes bad call

I watched most of the game, and i will admit that was a bad call. But the bad calls were going both ways, so i'd say Ottawa can't complain too much about that.

No ottawa can't complain at all. Neil gets away with [expletive]ing everything it's unreal. His hit on Boyle was ridiculous that took him out of the series. Haglin suspended 3 gms, Neil none?

And the last goal (although ended up irrelevant) was surprising they didn't reverse it. although, it's hard to tell if he actually kicked it in

The Senators got the shaft on most of the calls and non-calls.

I love how Rangers fans act like Neil not getting suspended for his LEGAL hit on Boyle somehow evens out Hegelin getting suspended for an illegal hit. Strong logic.

The Kreider interference I didn't like too much, but he did go through the crease.

The Foligno interference was brutal.

Prust should have gotten two minutes for his late hit on Karlsson.

Richards should have gotten two minutes for his Paul Bunyan chop.

The Neil goal was too inconclusive to overview.

However, I don't think the penalties that put Ottawa on the PK for the 5 on 3 were what killed them. Yes, it didn't help that they were down two men, but the Senators were killing it well, and then just blew it themselves.

The Senators got the shaft on most of the calls and non-calls.

I love how Rangers fans act like Neil not getting suspended for his LEGAL hit on Boyle somehow evens out Hegelin getting suspended for an illegal hit. Strong logic.

The Kreider interference I didn't like too much, but he did go through the crease.

The Foligno interference was brutal.

Prust should have gotten two minutes for his late hit on Karlsson.

Richards should have gotten two minutes for his Paul Bunyan chop.

The Neil goal was too inconclusive to overview.

However, I don't think the penalties that put Ottawa on the PK for the 5 on 3 were what killed them. Yes, it didn't help that they were down two men, but the Senators were killing it well, and then just blew it themselves.

Lol...Disagree on some

The hit on Boyle was a cheap shot for sure. And he hit him way too high near his head.

The Kreider call was pretty clearly interference...

The Foligno interference was probably a bad call. Some say the he gave an extra shove to Lundqvist, Idk, I think they shouldn't have called it.

Prust hit was another very debatable one. Sens have been hitting late just as much as NYR

Richards was standing there away from the play and the guy comes up and nails him. His chop should not have been a penalty. Lmao

And the Neil goal I agree was probably too inconclusive to overturn.